Android phones are highly customizable, upgradable then any other operating systems. They change the whole scenario of mobile phones. We can do a lot of customization like Installing any other custom rom, changing fonts, rooting and many other things beyond limits. When we are experimenting any custom ROM, custom recovery or any other thing which is related to flashing so, there is risk of bricking device. Then first we want to backup our whole android system including stock firmware to little settings. So when we have full backup of our device we can flash or install any thing without any risk that we will lost our phone, If device brick during flashing, rooting or any damage to System software. We can restore without losing any data and also we will back to our previous original stock firmware without loosing any thing. So, lets come towards tutorial here I will show you how to create a nandroid backup on Android Devices.
What is Nandroid Backup?
Nandroid backup is type of advance backup for android device to let backup whole android system including apps, system, data, rom, settings, accounts and every thing.
When we are installing, flashing or rooting we got several issues many times we brick our device. So its neccesary before doing any thing we have to create a backup.
Method 1: Create Nandroid Backup From Custom recovery
To do a nandroid backup we have to install a custom recovery because stock recovery hasnt this feature. To Install a custom recovery read the article below. If you are geek then you already familiar with nandroid backup if not so let me tell you nandroid backup is the backup in which you can backup your whole android system and data with in few minutes from custom recovery. For doing nandroid backup you have to Install custom recovery because its not possible in stock recovery of android phone. If you havnt install custom recovery yet?
- Dowload the ROM Manager app from Google play store.
- Open the app choose the recovery of your device.
- Install it and click on reboot into recovery.
- Insert an SD card in your phone.
- Power off your device and press power button and volume up button continuously to go in recovery mode (in some phones like HTC you have to press power + vol down button and then select recovery mode).
- If you have installed custom recovery then you will find the option backup and restore select this option by power button and then select backup.
- Now wait for few minutes till android backup completes.
Now you have successfully backup your system you can easily restore your device by following same steps above but instead of selecting backup now select restore.
Method 2: Create Nandroid Backup with Titanium backup
Titanium backup pro is a paid app for creating backups and to delete system apps. This app is for rooted devices If you have not rooted your devices yet? So do it now because without rooted devices its not possible, however if you have mtk device then you can create nandroid backup without rooting.
- After rooting download the app from Google play store and run the app.
- Open Backup/restore tab and click on Quick backup or any other suitable option depending on your needs.
- Thats it now you can easily restore that nandroid backup from your device.
So you have successfully created a bakup your device.
Method 3: Create Nandroid Backup On MTK Devices
Mtk device are devices are china devices which contain media tek chipset. So, if some how rom manager doesnt works for your mtk device then here is another method to create a backup of your phone. For this method you need a pc and also make sure your device is rooted.
- Download the Software Droid MTK tools .
- Install it in your PC and run it.
- Connent your Android Device with PC via Data Cable.
- When it detects your phone access the root shell .
- After doing this goto another tab of this tool and click on backup.
- Wait for few minutes for finishing and done!
These are few methods to creating backup. If you are still facing problem, share your problem with us via comments, we will surely help you